Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Hi everyone! Sorry we haven’t updated in a while. The days are flying by, but the big day still seems so very far away. Anyway, here’s what’s happening in our neck of the woods.
Friday, July 11th: I had my 24th week check up. Besides the horrendous wait time everything was hunky dory (appointment was at 3:20, we didn’t leave until 5:15, it was just a 10 minute check-up). At the appointment, Dennis and I got to listen to Baby’s heartbeat, I got measured, and the day at the doctor’s ended with us missing the matinee for Wall-E.
Fast forward to July 30th: Dennis and I went on a maternity ward tour and got to meet all of the ob/gyn doctors in the practice. They seemed really nice and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, we won’t know who will deliver the baby until the actual delivery day. I’m not digging that, but in the end so as long as everything goes well. So far, I’ve met 3 of the 6 doctors, and they are great. The most positive thing for us is that they want to give us the birthing experience that we choose so as long as everything is safe for both mother and baby. The Women’s Center where I will be delivering is really nice and feels quite comfortable. I think we will have a great delivery!
http://www.dekalbmedicalcenter.org/ProgramsServices/MaternityServices/tabid/193/Default.aspx
July 31st: I went in for my 27th week check-up and my fun glucose test for gestational diabetes. They made me drink a really sweet fruit punch which wasn’t bad at all. Then I was told to hang out for an hour. I got my own timer which was really cool! Afterwards, one of the nice nurses drew my sweet blood and sent me on my way. All of this reminds me of the wonderful glucose tolerance tests that I did in graduate school, only it was me who gave my rats the "fruit punch". Overall, the visit was quite pleasant and way faster than my last visit. Since it was a morning appointment, Dennis didn’t come with me. He went to work instead (I'm very proud of him!)
So far:
1. Baby and I are “growing” nicely. My pelvis to fundus measurement at the doctor’s was 27-28cm, pretty much on the dot of where I should be since I am 27 weeks along.
2. Baby’s heartbeats are strong and healthy.
3. No stretch marks so far! I’m about 133 lbs and last time that we’ve measured around my waist I was 38.25 inches! I have a little ankle swelling. Luckily I can still fit all of my shoes! Also, I don’t have major heartburn, however, as I’m writing this, I feel an episode of heartburn coming up. Haha.
4. The area around belly button hurts a bit when I press in, but nothing is herniated (thank goodness). My belly button is very stretched right now. I know I’m probably going to get an “outie” in another month or so. I need to have Dennis take a picture!
5. Baby is moving lots. She likes to kick on my right side. There are days when she is really active and days when she is really mellow. She likes to kick mid-morning and late evening. We can actually see her kick now which is really cool. I'm supposed to start monitoring her kicks daily. I should be able to count at least 10 kicks per hour or so. Right now she's the energizer bunny!
6. I feel like a whale already, and the sad thing is that I’m supposed to get bigger. I hate sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs, and that is what EVERYONE recommends. I sleep the best on my back. Needless to say, I’m already sleep deprived. I pee at least 10x a day now, and when she kicks my bladder, you can tack on another 5x.
That's the update so far!
Here are some pictures and graphs of my pregnancy (it's the scientist in me ya know). Haha. We hope everyone is doing well. Check back soon because we will be posting pictures of the nursery and crib (well, once we get everything set up).
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice report there, Mary.
As for knowing which doc will deliver...I'm sure your little girl may have other plans. We thought we knew which doc it was gonna be, then ours decided to come at another time. Point being...best you can hope for is a great delivery without complications. All the best!
Thanks for the update....don't worry about the weight thing. I put on close to 55 pounds, you are still really far away from catching up to me! All but 20 lbs came off in the first month so I'm sure you'll have no trouble with weight gain/loss. Also, thanks for the outfit...D doesn't quite fit into it yet, but at the rate he is growing I'm sure he will in the next couple of weeks. Love to you both!
Oh mary, you made me laughed so much with all your stats and data, not to mention your graphs!!! Well, I'm glad to see that everything is going well. Keep up the good work!:)
Karine
LOL..energizer bunny huh?...TOO CUTE!! I remember the kids kicking me...but to actually see it is crazee...I remember sitting there watching TV and seeing carissa's first kick...it freaked me out...and then I just sat there staring at my belly waiting for it to happen again...LOL...As for your weight...wat are you woried about...U LOOK GREAT!! Sure you will lose it in no time! Miss you guys! Keep us posted!
O, BTW...GO NATURALLLLLLL!! LOL!
Post a Comment