Saturday, November 14, 2009

American Le Mans Series: Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta (9.29.09)

Uncle Derrick and Auntie came down to visit for Uncle Derrick's birthday! Maia wanted to take Uncle Derrick to see the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta so we all went! It was Maia's first race experience but boy what a day. First off, it was rainy and cold. For some reason, I didn't feel the need to dress warmly and used my only jacket to keep my baby warm. I looked like I was carrying a cute floating head with huge pink ear muffs around.

To make my day worse, Maia didn't like wearing her ear protection. We had to fight to keep them on, but after a while she habituated to the head wear. We were so close to the track and the cars were gloriously loud that I wouldn't have known what to do if she kept taking them off. Poor thing, she was so tired. She couldn't sleep with all of the noise, the rain, and being upright. We took a break and went out for a nice pub lunch. (We had a better lunch planned but the stupid Road Atlanta shuttle wouldn't take us back to our cars). Anyway, it was heaven eating fish and chips and warm bread pudding while watching the race on tv. After lunch, Maia, Amy and I took off and went back home. Good thing we did because right after, the skies opened and the race was cut short because it was POURING!

Happy 1st ALMS race Maia!


The cars all lined up to start.

Peugeot and Audi

Ready, Set, GO!!


Go Team Audi!
Raul, Me, Maia, Amy and Derrick in the paddock.

Ferrari supporters.


Hi Uncle Derrick!

No comments: