First off, we have 10 days left until the due date. The baby and I are still going strong. I’ve decided to work until my due date, and then afterwards take 12 weeks off to be with Baby Bok Choi. Here’s hoping she comes earlier than later so I can spend as much time with her as possible. I’ve graduated from seeing the doctors every 2 weeks to seeing them every week. At my last appointment I was 1.5-2 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and the baby’s head is engaged at 0 station (so the head is down, locked, and ready to go! Haha). Hopefully that's not too much information. :) I’ve been experiencing only minor cramps. No major contractions yet! However, I feel massive and my feet and hands have started to swell. My shoes and wedding ring don’t fit anymore, and my wardrobe selection has significantly decreased! I’ve resorted to slip-on shoes and wearing Dennis’ clothes! I really hope that this “swelling” is due to fluid retention instead of accumulation of adipose tissue! Haha.
Well, I do know that 5lbs and 15 oz. of my “swelling” is baby since on Oct. 10th, I had a 37 week ultrasound to double-check that everything was ok. We couldn’t see much or take decent pictures from the ultrasound since the baby was so squished in there, but what the ultrasound technician was able to capture was HAIR! Lots of it! Apparently this is baby’s hair as viewed from the back of the head. Haha, this kid is going to come out with a major FRO! Sweet! From the estimate, we should be expecting a 7-7.5 lbs baby if she arrives on time.

So far this whole experience has been great thanks to the support of our wonderful family and friends. We had 2 very beautiful baby showers. The first one was in September in Toronto and was hosted by Dennis’ mom. It was so wonderful to see and to celebrate with our family and friends up in Canada. Baby Bok Choi received lots of cute gifts, Canadian themed and all! Baby says thank you! We also got to celebrate Dennis’ dad’s 60th birthday while we were up there. Parties are always good!






Recently we also had a baby shower in Atlanta which was co-hosted by Martha H. and Deb L. The shower was jungle themed, and it was AMAZING! Baby received lots of awesome books (which was part of the theme) and more cute gifts. Where are we going to put everything?! Thanks Martha and Deb for hosting such a beautiful and fun party and thank you everyone for coming and for the wonderful gifts!
(Oh man, I look like a whale! But I thought this picture was great... Too bad Baby E. was wriggling!)
Now since the time is drawing near, we are deep in our nesting. Dennis and I have started assembling things together, packing our hospital and diaper bags, laundering baby items, and organizing our house for the baby. I believe we have everything set up and ready to go. The worse part now is the WAITING! The best part are the baby goodies! Haha. All in all we are very excited and can’t wait for her to come. We have a name picked out, but the middle name is still kind of iffy. We can’t wait to introduce her to everyone! Until next time!
M&D
(Just half of the baby loot! LOL. Thanks everyone!!)
(Thanks Uncle Derrick for the super bad ass seat and thanks Spencer and Thomas for the Canadian beaver, which we used as our practice piece.)
4 comments:
OMG...2 weeks in counting...I'm so excited...I am expecting that phone call, I don't care wat time is. Also, just a bit of advise...SLEEP! SLEEP! SLEEP! Get as much of it as you can now. 'Cuz you will never have enough once she arrives!! Rub the belly for me! Luv Ya!
OMG...2 weeks in counting...I'm so excited...I am expecting that phone call, I don't care wat time is. Also, just a bit of advise...SLEEP! SLEEP! SLEEP! Get as much of it as you can now. 'Cuz you will never have enough once she arrives!! Rub the belly for me! Luv Ya!
You look wonderful! I'm sure its all just swelling, you still aren't as big as I was and I had MAJOR swelling! I'm so excited for you guys, can't wait to meet her. Like the previous poster, get your sleep now, it's been 3 months and Diego is only now starting to sleep 6-7 hours at a time and I'm still only getting 4 hours at a time. Hang in there!
Much Love, A,K and D
Any news yet? My water broke, both times, so it was pretty obvious. Good luck!
Post a Comment